Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Little Prince Cafe

So, hello there! Decided to start the blog going by blogging about one of the cafes I've been to recently.

Monday afternoon had me in this little cute cafe in the Jalan Besar vicinity - The Little Prince Cafe.


The cafe is way too cool. It is really new, only opened for two weeks. I first got to know about this cafe from one of my previous lecturers' facebook. See, I'm a BIG fan of Le Petit Prince. I super love everything about it. I even bought myself the Moleskin Le Petit Prince diary. So when I knew there's this cafe which is everything Le Petit Prince, I knew I gotta check it out myself. 

This cafe isn't hard to find, it's located really near City Square Mall (see below for exact location). Its surrounding looks kinda terrible, with construction works going on. But that place's developing, so can't help it. Anyway, this cafe is really little, probably sits a maximum of 15pax. It's beautifully decorated with Le Petit Prince designs and also has a pretty extensive collection of related stuff, especially books. 

Moving on to the food they serve, oh well, they actually do serve quite a variety! From sandwiches, to quiches, to cakes, and of course drinks.


What I liked was the variety of tea drinks they serve. Besides your usual types of tea, they also have Iced Rambutan Tea (which I got) and Iced Peach Tea, both made on the spot. The coffee beans they use are Australian, so it should be quite good. I had a tough time deciding whether to drink coffee or tea, but chose the latter because it's hard to get Iced Rambutan Tea (S$4.50) elsewhere. 

The tea was really fragrant, and it wasn't too sweet overall. I definitely recommend this!

I also decided to try two of the cakes, because it was a Monday and I needed to sweeten my Monday up. Okay, actually it's because their cakes all seemed so tempting. The cakes are baked by a home baker.
Avocado Cake (S$3.90)

Strawberry Marshmallow Cake (S$3.90)

The Avocado Cake was disappointing because I could hardly taste any avocado. It tasted more like pandan cake to me. On the other hand, the Strawberry Marshmallow Cake was awesome! REALLY GOOD. From the taste to the texture of the cake, everything was so good. I especially loved the neapolitan flavor, and the marshmallowy bites it offered. Yum yum, would love to have it again!
The person also offered a complimentary sugar roll, and it was equally good. I don't really like eating sugar rolls, but the ones they serve are really pretty good tasting. And guess what, the sugar roll was served on a super cute Le Petit Prince plate. 

I WANT!

Overall, this little cafe is worth checking out. I'll definitely go back to try their savory food and also for the marshmallow cake. If you're interested, The Little Prince Cafe is located at:

  • 62 Somme Road, #01-03
  • Singapore, Singapore 207877
  • (Closed on Tuesdays)

1 comment:

  1. Hello how are you?
    I broke my wife's little prince's plate. And I can't find another one here in Brazil. Would it be difficult for you to buy one and send me here to Brazil, São Paulo?

    ReplyDelete